Presentations from both days can be found here.This event will bring together biodiversity stakeholders from Europe and Central Asia in support of IPBES. You can check previous editions here.
- Introduce newcomers to IPBES (optional session organised by the Open-ended Stakeholder Network ONet).
- Inform participants on actions taking place at the national and regional level in Europe and Central Asia to engage stakeholders in the IPBES workplan (ECA network).
- Discuss collectively the First Order Draft (FOD) of Invasive Alien Species (IAS) assessment, and collect comments to be submitted to IPBES as stakeholders’ perspective during the open review phase.
- Present an example of a European science-policy interface (EKLIPSE).
For more information about the invasive alien species assessment, we recommend watching the webinar recorded by the co-chairs Aníbal Pauchard, Helen Roy, and Peter Stoett (with subtitles in all UN languages).
The webinar gives an introduction to the assessment, including some of the draft emerging key messages.
It is availableon the IPBES website (at the bottom of the webpage)for all registered reviewers, until the end of the external review period only.
Date and Time
Pre-session for newcomers to IPBES: 5 October 2020 / 09:00-09:45 CEST
PESC-6 meeting: 5 and 6 October 2020 / 10:00-13:00 CEST
About the meeting
Presentations from both days can be found here.
Due to the exceptional sanitary circumstances and current travel restrictions related to COVID-19, the event will be organised as a virtual meeting, using the ZOOM Virtual Meeting Platform.
We intend to record the meeting. The recording will only be used for internal purposes and will not be circulated nor made available online afterwards. (If you have any question or concern in this respect, please contact: Lise Goudeseune)
To participate in the sessions on the FOD of the IAS assessment (see scoping report, Annex III, p. 41), we kindly ask you to be registered as a reviewer of this assessment. The FOD of the IAS assessment is a confidential document and can only access by registered reviewers.
register as an IPBES external reviewer
- Make sure you have an IPBES website user account and that you are be logged in. Please note that the account verification process can take up to 24-48 hours.
Once you are logged in, register to become an IPBES external reviewer for this assessment report here;
After registering, you will receive an email (within one business day) providing confidential access to the assessment and the template to use to provide your comments.
For the full notification, see here.
The review period runs from the 31st of August to the 18th of October 2020.