2-day event to clean your own data
The event is primarily targeting biodiversity researchers who took part in Belspo funded projects.
Participants are expected to bring their own data as they will have the opportunity to work on it.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be familiar with open data principles, and some exciting data cleaning tools.
This workshop will increase your skills in open biodiversity data and is a good opportunity to discover data cleaning tools. You will learn how to document and clean your research data with the goal to increase its quality and ultimately to make it reusable for further research.
More precisely, the training will focus on:
- Discovering the GBIF data principles
- Exploring Data with Spreadsheet, QGIS and OpenRefine
- Cleaning taxonomical, temporal, geographical and possibly other fields
- Organising Data to minimise errors
- Describing your data with detailed metadata
This free workshop will be held in English.
Please mark your interest by filling this registration form. Since this workshop is limited to 20 participants, candidates are asked to motivate their participation.
For more information, please contact Andre Heughebaert: email@example.com