Learn and discuss about IPBES, its new products, its impact and future work
- Find out about the status of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) Work Programme, adopted products and the next steps
- Learn about the findings and policy recommendations of the newly available IPBES Assessments, with focus on the Regional assessment of biodiversity and ecosystem services for Europe and Central Asia (i.e. ECA Assessment: see the Summary for Policy-makers)
- Discuss how Belgian actors, sectors and initiatives can act upon these new findings
- Formulate ambitions and concrete actions and follow-up in the context of international commitments
- Learn about how Belgian experts engage in ongoing IPBES assessments
This one-day meeting will be a mixture of presentations, panel discussions, movie projections and participatory sessions. The presentations and panel debate will take place in English, one of the six UN languages in which the Assessments are published. Exchanges in the breakout groups can take place in Dutch/French/English, as appropriate.
Access the programme online
The IPBES Belgian Uptake event will take place at Herman Teirlinck building - Havenlaan 88, bus 73 - 1000 Brussels
If you wish to register to our event, please fill-up this form.