- Find out about the status of the IPBES Work Programme, adopted products and the next steps
- Learn about the findings and policy recommendations of the newly available IPBES Assessments, with focus on the Regional assessment of biodiversity and ecosystem services for Europe and Central Asia (i.e. ECA Assessment: see the Summary for Policy-makers)
- Discuss how Belgian actors, sectors and initiatives can act upon these new findings
- Formulate ambitions and concrete actions and follow-up in the context of international commitments
- Learn about how Belgian experts engage in ongoing IPBES assessments
This one-day meeting will be a mixture of presentations, panel discussions, movie projections and participatory sessions. The presentations and panel debate will take place in English, one of the six UN languages in which the Assessments are published. Exchanges in the breakout groups can take place in Dutch/French/English, as appropriate.