BiodivERsA Partnership is a network of 39 agencies and ministries from 25 European countries programming and funding pan-European research on biodiversity and ecosystem services on a competitive basis. BiodivERsA funds medium-sized projects that demonstrate academic excellence but also deliver a clear societal impact. In that context, the partnership also strongly promotes and supports stakeholders engagement, science-policy-society interfacing, and dissemination of BiodivERsA-funded research. Belgian members in the network include the Belgian Science Policy Office (BELSPO) and the Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO).
The Belgian Biodiversity Platform is implementing tasks for BiodivERsA on behalf of BELSPO. We are particularly active in:
- Science-policy / science-society interfacing (e.g. elaboration of policy briefs, organisation of workshops, co-production of toolkits such as the Stakeholder Engagement Handbook).
- Mapping activities (e.g. management of the BiodivERsA database, analysis of national research strategies) and identification of research priorities (e.g. Nature-based Solutions).
- Communication (i.e. giving more visibility to funded projects and to BiodivERsA itself), including through the production of videos (e.g. Video on URBES project).
- Coordination of the Partnership, by hosting one of the Vice-Chairs.
We are also linking Belgian researchers with the BiodivERsA Partnership by communicating on annual calls, events and useful tools.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- Get funding for your research! See BiodivERsA annual calls
- Consult the BiodivERsA database to retrieve information on biodiversity research: past and current funding programmes on biodiversity in Europe (including thematic and blue sky programmes, grants, fellowships and studentships), research organisations, and project-leading researchers.
- As a policy maker, read policy briefs produced by BiodivERsA.
- Any question on BiodivERsA? Contact Dr Hilde Eggermont for more information.